Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Dr. Appointment a week after my surgery

Wednesday June 29, 2016


I had a great meeting with Dr. Gollehon. He said that everything looked great and that my surgery went extraordinarily well. I did not lose a lot of blood like some can. He even told me I could start running as long as I was careful not to fall on my face. Good news, he said I could stop wearing my bands all day. I only have to wear them at night until my orthodontist tells me differently. I have been having to do salt water rinses of my mouth several times a day and avoid getting anything on the stitches' site. I am to keep this up, but I do not have to be as careful of the stitches' site. Also, he said I can start gently flossing in about 2 weeks. Right now I can transition from the pediatric toothbrush they gave me to a regular toothbrush as long as I am super careful. I have been taking Dimetapp around the clock since the surgery but he said I can stop using it unless I begin to get congested or a cold. He recommended I heat and gently massage my face for 5 to 10 minutes 3 times a day. As far as food goes I have a few more days of liquid diet but soon I can move to foods that are soft chewing like scrambled eggs and lasagna. I am super excited to chew a bit because I feel like I could do it right now although I know I should not. I will see my orthodontist in a week. 




No comments:

Post a Comment