Friday, June 24, 2016

Day 3 After the Surgery

Friday June 24, 2016

My face is still pretty numb and I am very swollen. I do not feel that well.  I am constantly icing my face hoping this swelling will go away soon! I had many visitors today.  My friend, her mom and my church youth leaders came. I feel bad because I cannot smile or anything and I do not really like to talk at this point. Hopefully my visitors understand that I would laugh at their jokes but it hurts my upper lip area a lot. I think when I laugh it stretches the stitches. Allowing people to see me in my pitiful looking state has helped me recover because I need interaction with more than my parents to keep my spirits up. I am self-conscious of how I look but I know that the people who visit me are expecting me to look bad so it does not bother me and I know I will only look like this for a short period of time. I did finally take a shower and wash my hair and change clothes. It felt good.  The water on my face felt very weird because I could feel it in certain places but in others I could not feel it at all yet I knew it was there.  In the evening my grandparents came. I had to stay up to take my meds at 11:00 p.m. but then I went straight to bed and did not wake till morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment