Monday, June 20, 2016

Pre Surgery Jitters

Sunday June 19, 2016

My surgery is in 2 days. I am a little nervous at this point but mostly ready to get it over with. I think I will miss solid food a lot. My main concern is reminding and ensuring myself that I will definitely be asleep during the surgery.  I know that I will, but I am still concerned about waking up during surgery or something crazy happening where I am able to feel pain.  Other than that, I want to do my summer reading and watch a lot of movies. 



Two days before the surgery.


Monday Night June 20, 2016

Hello. So it is 11:30 p.m. the night before my surgery. I have 29 minutes left to eat/drink. I went out to dinner with my friends for a “last meal” of solid food for a while. Of course we had pizza and cheesecake. We took some pictures too which was pretty fun! I learned my surgery is at 1:30 p.m. That means I will have to arrive around 12:00 p.m. which means I have to leave the house at around 11:15 a.m. because I live in Greensboro and the surgical center is in High Point. How am I feeling you might ask? Well I feel pretty okay, I feel like I should be stuffing my face because I will not be able to eat/drink for a while, but for some reason this one time I do not feel hungry or have any desire to eat. I am drinking a lot of water though. The doctor said it was important to stay hydrated. Also, I took two cleaning pills tonight and I will have to take one tomorrow morning too. They are tiny, minuscule, like if I was not wearing my glasses or contacts I could not see them probably unless I got really close. Anyway, tomorrow I am going to wear my favorite sweatpants and a zip up sweat jacket. Zip up because I do not want to have to pull anything over my head. Also, I am going stay up later because I want to sleep as long as possible in the morning so I do not think about food. I did some singing tonight because I probably will not be able to do that for a while. I am a terrible singer, but it is a lot of fun for me to annoy/ sing in front of my parents. So I am getting a little more nervous as I think about what they are going to do but I am just reminding myself that I will be completely asleep and will not even feel a thing. I am taking a lot of photos though because my face will never look the same as it has these last 17 years. Hopefully only a small part of my life and this surgery will make my face what it will look like for hopefully a long time. Okay now I am rambling, so a summary is I feel pretty good. I am going to watch Friends tonight and other Netflix shows because that is what I like to do to distract myself. Wish me luck tomorrow!! Woop Woop. Ready to get this over with so I can watch sad movies and drink apple juice. Oh and the USA men's soccer team plays tomorrow against Argentina so good luck to them! U-S-A, U-S-A! Yes, I am chanting this in my head. Okay. Goodnight :) 


My friends and I the night before my surgery.





No comments:

Post a Comment