Saturday, June 25, 2016

Day 4 After the Surgery

Saturday June 25, 2016

Today was a good day. I woke up at 9:30 and drank some Carnation Instant Breakfast.  It tasted great. My face feels so much better than yesterday. I could tell that overnight my face made huge improvements. I still feel numb in my nose, upper lip and upper parts of my cheeks. So far there is not much pain. It only hurts a little when I yawn and laugh because I feel like I am stretching stitches or something. I have lost 6 pounds due to my liquid diet. My lips are very chapped so I have to apply vaseline on them. I went on a walk around the block (my first outing and exercise) and I read. I ate some Go-Gurt and applesauce for lunch. Transitioning from a clear liquid diet to liquids has greatly expanded my options. This makes me very happy! I watched Les Miserables. My friend came to visit before she went to camp. It reminded me of fun opportunities I have had to skip this summer. I had to take this terrible medicine that is supposed to make me poop. Mixing it in a smoothie was better than mixing it with water. It is extremely bitter and slightly burns my throat. I talked on the phone and I only took one short nap in the afternoon. Tomorrow I may or may not go to church I have not decided because I am self-conscious of my facial swelling.  




No comments:

Post a Comment